Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: All The Info About The Big Fight
Boxing legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr face off in Los Angeles tonight.
Tyson, 54, will battle with Jones, 51, in a long-awaited fight, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible six stone to get in shape for the clash.
The California State Commission says the exhibition will be fought under the rules that both men will not look for the knock-out and will instead “exhibit” their skills, but both fighters have come out and said the opposite.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The big fight is set for this Weekend – Saturday, November 28 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- The undercard is expected to start at 9pm ET which is 1am GMT and the main event will follow between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to eight rounds in the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
What TV channel is Tyson vs Jones Jr on and can I live stream it?
- BT Sport Box Office will be broadcasting the fight in the UK.
- The event will cost £19.95 to watch.
- Coverage begins at 8pm ET, which is midnight in the UK. The undercard is set to start from 1am GMT.
- The social media site Triller will also be airing the PPV fight.
- Emmy-winner Mario Lopez hosts the show, and musical acts will be announced for performances too.
What are the rules of the fight?
- The fight will be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
- No headguards will be worn but the fighters will be wearing larger 12-ounce gloves.
- Technically the fight can only be stopped if there is a knock-out, but California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Forster said he will stop it if a cut appears.
- Referee Ray Corona will be able to halt it if he chooses to.
- The WBC will be remotely scoring the fight with the winner crowned WBC Frontline champion.